Getting A Library Card
Library cards are issued at all branches and they are free to any person living in, or owning property within, the city limits of Petersburg, armed services personnel and their dependents.
Details and Requirements
- Residents may receive a library card regardless of age. Children under 18 may obtain their own card with their parent’s permission.
- All applicants must apply in person.
- All adult applicants must furnish some photo identification verifying their name, address, city, and state. Children, under the age of 18, must have their parent(s) sign their registration card.
- Residents of Chesterfield or an area served by Appomattox Regional Library System (Dinwiddie, Prince George, Chester, Hopewell, and Disputanta) receive a Petersburg Public Library card at no charge.
- Non-residents may obtain a card for an annual fee of $10.00.
Library Card Registration Form
To register, print off the registration form then bring the form and valid identification to the nearest library branch.